Feeling Opportunistic?

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Inbox Dollars - a 'get paid to' website





So the first 'paying' website I joined was Inbox Dollars and so far it has been ok. Right now, I spend about half an hour on the site daily, and not usually all at once.

Have I gotten paid? No, not yet. But I did submit for my first check. They don't do paypal. However, what they do to make sure you stay a little active is they wait a few weeks before mailing it. Specifically they cut the check on the first of the month after the next month. So Yesterday I requested a check for $34 and they are mailing it out on December 1st.

There are a lot of things that you can do on Inbox Dollars.

You can print out coupons from their coupon tab, and it will give you $0.10 for each coupon you redeem. And from the shopping tab, you can get a bit of your purchase back from select retailers, which include walmart.com, target.com, kmart.com, kohls.com, drugstore.com, etc.. so if you were going to buy stuff on those websites anyway, you may as well use those links.

Then, they have the 'cash offers' and 'free offers' area. In here, you can be awarded for starting, and going through and finishing various offers. They range from checking your credit to doing simple surveys. HOWEVER, whenever they ask for a phone number, I always look EVERYwhere to see if i am agreeing to a phone text alert subscription of like $9.99 a month or something. It's not from Inbox Dollars, it's from whatever site is asking your number. There are also some things in there that you can get paid for downloading.. which understandably can make some people nervous. You may have up-to-date antivirus and antimalware, and they may not even be necessary but it is your computer we're talking here, and you decide if you will download a program or not.

Which brings me to the next thing. I downloaded the toolbar. Yes, yes, I know.. it might be tracking where I go, etc.. blah blah blah. I just figure that since I'm getting tracked anyway, go ahead and let Inbox Dollars know where I'm going, if they are even tracing me. Actually, we're all being tracked anyway, in some shape or form, so I see no big deal, but that's just me. Anyway, Inbox Dollars gives you a dollar for downloading and using it. I don't use IE all that much, and also rarely use firefox, but you can download a toolbar for either. When I do use IE, I make sure to do a search with their toolbar, and I click a link for the hell of it. I do not know if you need to click a link for it to register, but what the hell, why not?

Inbox Dollars sends you two types of emails. Some of these are surveys, and it will tell you how much they are worth if you qualify. When I don't qualify, I click 'no thanks' on the following screen, because I don't know how much the next survey they may find would be worth, and I might have just spent ten minutes getting disqualified, and I might need a break from rejection. The other type of mail they send is called a 'paid email' which will give you $0.02 for reading it, and they attempt to market/target free or paid offers based on information in your profile or something.

Aside from the surveys that you get in your email, you can also click the survey tab, and you can do one survey in each of the three slots to get $0.50, totaling to $1.50 in a possible half hour. Of course, more than half the time, I get disqualified from a survey, and I never try to do more than two in a row, because I cannot take so much rejection. ::sigh::

You can also watch videos on Inbox Dollars - like two each day, but you need to be careful! You need to watch like this 30 second commercial, and sometimes I don't even notice the numbers moving on the screen. See, to make sure you're watching and not off eating tacos in the kitchen, you will see a number flash by the commercial twice, and at the end, enter those numbers to get your pennies.

There is a tab for education, I guess they give your info to online schools or something, I dunno. There is also a tab for 'cash tasks' which I do not know much about. I will go back and look at it, but the first time I tried it, it seemed to be a little confusing. I think you pretty much give results that show how you think and react when you use a search site like google.

Then there is a tab for games. I am not big on games. I tried it, I played family feud and bejeweled, but I do not understand the point, other than to either waste time, or to provide income for the website if you use cash to buy and lose. It says you can win money as well.

Then there are sweepstakes. I never honestly read into those. If you watch a video and get credit, it puts you into a sweepstakes. If you refer someone to the site, it gives you an entry. And if you fail to complete a survey, you get an entry. The prizes are listed in the tab.

So yea, Inbox Dollars certainly has a lot of things to do within their site, and has been around for a pretty decent amount of time. My daily actions on the site are literally looking at the two emails they send me, attempting their survey, and then leaving the site. Later on I come back and attempt the three surveys in the main tab on the website while I'm doing things in other tabs. It's fairly simple, and doesn't claim too much of my time at all.


Update! As of 3:00pm on 10/13/2011 my balance is $31.56, which not only is the same consistent rate as the last $26, but averages to almost $400 over the course of a year.

$400, ONE website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free SEO Tools